Sunday, February 21, 2010

Syncing memories with music

How do you remember, places you have been to or places you have worked at or people you worked with or friends who are now far away from you? well, I do it in a very different and may be a unique way. Actually, I don't do it intentionally this way, it just...hmmm #$%$^^&hmmmm^$%%&*... I don't know :)



I think my mind syncs my memories with the tracks I listen to (something like a GPS Data Logger). Its like this, I used to listen to the track "Is pyaar ko main kya naam du" when I was doing my diploma in CS, and I was staying in hostel with my friends. So, whenever I listen to this track, it reminds me of my days I spent with my friends in hostel. 

I have a made list of tracks which reminds me of places and people; its not a comprehensive list, I will update it if I remember more synced tracks. So, friends don't be sad if your name is not on the list. And hey, if you want me to remember you forever, play some tracks repeatedly when I am around :)

Here goes the list :

  • All tracks from Chennai 28 - E4E Business Solutions, Chennai
  • Saroja samaan nikalo from Chennai 28 - Sapthagiri a.k.a Bichu, E4E Business Solutions, Chennai
  • Minnalgal Kuthaadum from Polladhavan - Santhosh, E4E Business Solutions, Chennai
  • Let the music play baby from The Ultimate Dance - Manoj a.k.a Manjo, E4E Business Solutions, Chennai
  •  Kaise mujhe & Behka main behka from Gajini - Shalin Jain (The Boss), Tenmiles Corporation, Chennai
  •  Zindagi Zindagi from Yuvraaj - Rethas, Tenmiles Corporation, Chennai.
  • Yeh Ishq Hai from Jab We Met -  Rethas, Tenmiles Corporation, Chennai. [There is one more track which he used to play every now and then and annoy everybody. Rethas, if you are reading this, please put it in the comments.]
  •  Haule Haule from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi - Pulkit, Tenmiles Corporation, Chennai  [ There is one more thing which reminds me of Pulkit - "Chup Re" :)]
  • Thoda Sa Pyaar Hua Hai - Chandrakala, Assistant Engineer, MGNREGA, Ferrargunj, A & N Isles. 
  • Loney (Akon) - Pradeep,  4E Business Solutions, Chennai
*(Note: This list will grow longer with time)

Any one else on this planet of my kind?

4 comments:

  1. how true..i remember the days at tenmiles...i used to tell u to keep my fav songs..aur tum rakh deate..i thank u for the jagjit singh albums neeraj...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you remember just sadbha giri, santhosh and manoj in e4e not others..... bad.. and ofcourse you cant forget pradeep yours lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is this buddy? Please don't post as anonymous, use your Google Account/Open ID or at least your name.

    By the way, I still remember everyone @ E4E but have synced track for a few only:) Miss you guys a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Kontera